Regular glucose monitoring and keeping within your glucose targets are important steps towards a healthy pregnancy and birth1,2. The FreeStyle Libre system makes glucose monitoring easy during pregnancy.
Get accurate and up to the minute glucose readings with a one-second scan using the FreeStyle Libre system – no routine finger pricks required.†
1. American Diabetes Association. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes - 2019. Diabetes Care. 2019;42(Suppl 1):S165-S172. Accessed Nov 2019 * Scanning the sensor does not require lancets.
2. NICE (2016). Diabetes in Pregnancy (QS109). January 2016. NICE, London. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs109 (accessed 19.06.2019).
3. Ringholm Nielsen L, Pedersen-Bjergaard U, Thorsteinsson B, Johansen M et al. Hypoglycaemia in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes: predictors and role of metabolic control. Diabetes Care. 2008 Jan; 31(1):9-14
4. Vincze G, Barner JC, Lopez D. Factors associated with adherence to self-monitoring of blood glucose among persons with diabetes. Diabetes Educ. 2004;30(1):112-125
5. Wagner J, Malchoff C, Abbott G. Invasiveness as a barrier to self-monitoring of blood glucose in diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2005; 7(4):612-9.
6. Scott, Eleanor M., et al. Accuracy, User Acceptability, and Safety Evaluation for the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System When Used by Pregnant Women with Diabetes. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, 20.3 (2018):180-188
Φ For a complete glycaemic picture, scan once every 8 hours.
‡ 60-minute warm-up required when applying the sensor
~ Daily Patterns need at least 5 days of glucose data
Ω The Reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
Θ The Glucose Trend Arrow may not always appear with every reading.
₸ Sensor is water resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes. Not to be used above 10,000 feet.
† A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycaemia or impending hypoglycaemia is reported by the system or when symptoms do not match the system readings.
Ѱ For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre system and interpreting its readings.
◊ The FreeStyle LibreLink app and the FreeStyle Libre reader have similar but not identical features. A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycaemia or impending hypoglycaemia is reported by the FreeStyle LibreLink app or when symptoms do not match the app readings. The FreeStyle Libre sensor communicates with the FreeStyle Libre reader that started it or the FreeStyle LibreLink app that started it. A sensor started by the FreeStyle Libre reader will also communicate with the FreeStyle LibreLink app. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the Smartphone Compatibility Guide before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView.
§ LibreLinkUp is a mobile application, developed and provided by Newyu, Inc. Use of LibreLinkUp and FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView, a service provided by Abbott and Newyu, Inc. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
¥ LibreLinkUp is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones. Your phone must meet the following requirements: Android OS 6.0 (or higher) or iOS 11 (or higher) and an internet connection.
ǁ Transfer of glucose data between applications depends on mobile connectivity.
∏ LibreView is developed and distributed by Newyu, Inc.
₼ The LibreView website is only compatible with certain operating systems and browsers. Please check www.libreview.com for additional information.
Δ Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. Automatic upload requires a wireless internet connection or mobile data connection.
* Scanning the sensor does not require lancets.