Regular glucose monitoring and keeping within your glucose targets are important steps towards a healthy pregnancy and birth1. The FreeStyle Libre 2 system makes glucose monitoring easy during pregnancy.
Get accurate and up to the minute glucose readings with a one-second scan using the FreeStyle Libre 2 system – no routine finger pricks required.†
1. NICE National Institute for Heath and Care Excellence. Diabetes in pregnancy Quality standard [QS109] January 2016
2. American Diabetes Association. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2020. Diabetes Care2017;S186 (Supp 1)
3. Ringholm Nielsen L, Pedersen-Bjergaard U, Thorsteinsson B, Johansen M et al. Hypoglycaemia in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes: predictors and role of metabolic control. Diabetes Care. 2008 Jan; 31(1):9-14
4. Vincze G, Barner JC, Lopez D. Factors associated with adherence to self-monitoring of blood glucose among persons with diabetes. Diabetes Educ. 2004;30(1):112-125
5. Wagner J, Malchoff C, Abbott G. Invasiveness as a barrier to self-monitoring of blood glucose in diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2005; 7(4):612-9.
6. Scott, Eleanor M., et al. Accuracy, User Acceptability, and Safety Evaluation for the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System When Used by Pregnant Women with Diabetes. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, 20.3 (2018):180-188
* Scanning the sensor does not require lancets.
φ For a complete glycaemic picture, scan once every 8 hours.
‡ 60-minute warm-up required when applying the sensor
~ Daily Patterns need at least 5 days of glucose data
Ω The Reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
₸ Sensor is water resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes. Not to be used above 10,000 feet.
† Finger pricks are required if your glucose readings and alarms do not match symptoms or expectations.
Ѱ For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre system and interpreting its readings.
◊ Patients choose which device they want to receive alarms: FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or FreeStyle LibreLink app. They must start their FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with that selected device. Once the patient scans their FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with that device, they can receive alarms only on that device. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView
§ The LibreLinkUp app is only compatible with certain mobile device and operating systems. Please check www.librelinkup.com for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of LibreLinkUp and FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
ǁ Transfer of glucose data between applications depends on mobile connectivity.
₼ The LibreView website is only compatible with certain operating systems and browsers. Please check www.libreview.com for additional information.
Δ Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. Automatic upload requires a wireless internet connection or mobile data connection.