You can monitor your glucose on your phone◊ by scanning your FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with the FreeStyle LibreLink App.
The FreeStyle LibreLink App includes many of the same features of your FreeStyle Libre 2 reader on your phone.
Note: to receive alarms on your phone, you need to start your FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with the app first.
Calibration is a process that matches the glucose readings from the Sensor with a standard reference to ensure the devices are accurate.
The FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor is factory calibrated and manufactured with minimal sensor-to-sensor variation eliminating need for finger prick calibration†
The FreeStyle Libre 2 system is clinically proven to be accurate and consistent over 14 days4, without the need for finger prick calibration.†
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or data.
1. Hortensius, Johanna., et al. Perspectives of patients with type 1 or insulin-treated type 2 diabetes on self-monitoring of blood glucose: a qualitative study. BMC Public Health 12.1 (2012): 167.
2. Chudyk, Anna., et al. Self-Monitoring Technologies for type 2 Diabetes and the Prevention of Cardiovascular Complications: Perspectives from End Users. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology 5.2 (2011): 394-401.
3. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care. In a study conducted by Abbott Diabetes Care, 94% of patients surveyed (n=122) agree that the FreeStyle Libre sensor is comfortable to wear.
4. Alva, Shridhara, Timothy Bailey, Ronald L. Brazg, Erwin S. Budiman, Kristin Castorino, Mark P. Christiansen, Gregory Forlenza, Mark Kipnes, David R. Liljenquist, and Hanqing Liu. “Accuracy of a 14-Day Factory-Calibrated Continuous Glucose Monitoring System with Advanced Algorithm in Pediatric and Adult Population With Diabetes. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, (September 2020). http://doi.org/10.1177/1932296820958754
* Scanning the sensor does not require lancets.
φ For a complete glycaemic picture, scan once every 8 hours.
‡ 60-minute warm-up required when applying the sensor
~ Daily Patterns need at least 5 days of glucose data
Ω The Reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
₸ Sensor is water resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes. Not to be used above 10,000 feet.
† Finger pricks are required if your glucose readings and alarms do not match symptoms or expectations.
Ѱ For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre system and interpreting its readings.
◊ Patients choose which device they want to receive alarms: FreeStyle Libre 2 reader or FreeStyle LibreLink app. They must start their FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with that selected device. Once the patient scans their FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor with that device, they can receive alarms only on that device. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView
§ The LibreLinkUp app is only compatible with certain mobile device and operating systems. Please check www.librelinkup.com for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of LibreLinkUp and FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
ǁ Transfer of glucose data between applications depends on mobile connectivity.
₼ The LibreView website is only compatible with certain operating systems and browsers. Please check www.libreview.com for additional information.
Δ Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. Automatic upload requires a wireless internet connection or mobile data connection.