You can monitor your glucose on your phone◊ by scanning your FreeStyle Libre sensor with the FreeStyle LibreLink App.
The FreeStyle LibreLink App includes many of the same features of your FreeStyle Libre reader on your phone.
Calibration is a process that matches the glucose readings from the Sensor with a standard reference to ensure the devices are accurate.
The FreeStyle Libre sensor is factory calibrated and manufactured with minimal sensor-to-sensor variation eliminating need for finger prick calibration 5,6
The FreeStyle Libre system is clinically proven to be accurate and consistent over 14 days, without the need for finger prick calibration.5
1. Hortensius, Johanna., et al. Perspectives of patients with type 1 or insulin-treated type 2 diabetes on self-monitoring of blood glucose: a qualitative study. BMC Public Health 12.1 (2012): 167.
2. Chudyk, Anna., et al. Self-Monitoring Technologies for type 2 Diabetes and the Prevention of Cardiovascular Complications: Perspectives from End Users. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology 5.2 (2011): 394-401.
3. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care. In a study conducted by Abbott Diabetes Care, 94% of patients surveyed (n=122) agree that the FreeStyle Libre sensor is comfortable to wear.
4. Rebrin K, Sheppard NF Jr, Steil GM. Use of subcutaneous interstitial fluid glucose to estimate blood glucose: revisiting delay and Sensor offset. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2010;4(5):1087-1098
5. Bailey T et al. The Performance and Usability of a Factory-Calibrated Flash Glucose Monitoring System. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2015;17(11):787-794.
6. Hoss, Udo., Budiman, Erwin. Factory-Calibrated Continuous Glucose Sensors: The Science Behind the Technology. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics 19.S2 (2017): S-44
* Scanning the sensor does not require lancets.
φ For a complete glycaemic picture, scan once every 8 hours.
‡ 60-minute warm-up required when applying the sensor.
~ Daily Patterns need at least 5 days of glucose data.
Ω The reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
θ The Glucose Trend Arrow may not always appear with every reading.
₸ Sensor is water resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes. Not to be used above 10,000 feet.
† A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycaemia or impending hypoglycaemia is reported by the system or when symptoms do not match the system readings.
Ѱ For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre system and interpreting its readings.
◊ The FreeStyle LibreLink app and the FreeStyle Libre reader have similar but not identical features. A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycaemia or impending hypoglycaemia is reported by the FreeStyle LibreLink app or when symptoms do not match the app readings. The FreeStyle Libre sensor communicates with the FreeStyle Libre reader that started it or the FreeStyle LibreLink app that started it. A sensor started by the FreeStyle Libre reader will also communicate with the FreeStyle LibreLink app. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is compatible with NFC-enabled smartphones running Android OS 5.0 or later and with iPhone 7 and later running OS 11 and later. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView, a service provided by Abbott and Newyu, Inc.
§ LibreLinkUp is a mobile application, developed and provided by Newyu, Inc. Use of LibreLinkUp and FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView, a service provided by Abbott and Newyu, Inc. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
¥ LibreLinkUp is compatible with Android phones running Android OS 4.4 and higher and iPhones running iOS 10 and higher.
ǁ Transfer of glucose data between applications depends on mobile connectivity.
∏ LibreView is developed and distributed by Newyu, Inc.
₼ LibreView minimum system requirements to view data : Safari release 10.1, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox release 32.0, or Chrome release 37.0, installed on a computer running Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 Anniversary update. LibreView Device Drivers are installed in order to upload data from a device connected to the computer. Refer to the LibreView Quick Start Guide for additional information.
Δ Data captured by the FreeStyle LibreLink app will be automatically uploaded to LibreView when the phone on which it’s running is connected to the Internet.